Right now I am waiting for a few games to come out and I’m limited on my budget to just pick up any random games. So while I am waiting I am strategizing my time with various hobbies and throwback games.
- Right now I am spending more time working on my role playing characters for DnD and thinking about rolling a “back up” tank for my current character in case I get killed. Spending time working on this other geeky hobby gives me a chance to take a break from screens while waiting for a few games to come out.
- I am considering working on a new Skyrim character and restarting the game. This is one of my favorite games and I really enjoyed the length of it so there was tons to explore and try.
- I hate to say that I am going to talk about TWO (not one, two) Bethesda games in one post, but I also want to do more work in Fallout 4. Another lengthy game, there is a ton to do and to keep me busy. This game can and has preoccupied gamers for months, and because there is so so much to do in the game, it is worth obsessing over.
- Painting my Warhammer 40K figures is a huge time suck and something I really enjoy doing after a long day at work. It doesn’t require a screen or anything, so you get that break. However, this is something you can do while streaming some anime or sit-com which is a total plus.
- Binge-watching/catching up on Anime: I started Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Death Note recently, and I am re-watching One Piece right now, so I have plenty to binge watch or catch up on.
- Spending more time with friends is always a great idea! Okay so I am notorious for accidentally spending all of Friday and Saturday night in a weekend fooling around on a game instead of making plans. In the times of lulls between games and release dates, I really like to spend more time with my friends and maybe do other geeky hobbies. Or even go shopping with my friends. This week, we’re going to see Civil War, go dress shopping, and play DnD.
- It is spring time so I probably could get away with spending more time outside, playing frisbee and tennis. I really like to just enjoy the outdoors and go on hikes, kayak, or throw a frisbee around. With it being spring and almost summer, it is a great time to get away from my gaming chair.
When I set my mind to certain games this year, and when I bought a few on recommendation they took up a lot of my time. Right now I am only looking at release dates half way through July and into the fall, so I am hitting a lull. This being said I really have a lot of hobbies to enjoy between now and then and I hope others can go find their own while they’re waiting for releases too.
In the mean time, give me some recommendations on what you want me to play!