So as “Secret Wars” begins to draw to a close, there’s a lot coming out from Marvel in the next few months and there have been quite a few changes in the comics’ universe. If you’ve been having trouble keeping yourself up to date about all things comics related, here is a quick refresher to get you up to speed before October!
- Star-Lord has left the “Guardians of the Galaxy” to be the emperor of Spartax. His role has been filled by none other than Kitty Pryde, who is now Star-Lady.
- Given the success of Parker Industries, Spider-Man has become Peter Parker’s personal bodyguard, because Iron Man did that for years and no one caught on, so…
- The Lizard will return, surprisingly not dead, in the new “Spider-Gwen.”
- “All-New, All-Different Marvel Point One” #1 supposedly will be the catch all for the changes in all the story lines eight months after “Secret Wars.” Arcs that lead into storylines like “Carnage”, “Daredevil”, “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D” and “Contest of Champions” are included in this catch all.
- The “Point One” initiative confirms that other Marvel series are on the way, but have not been announced.
- Chewie’s solo issues will feature him trying to get back to the rebellion after being stranded on a planet.
- The Avengers are getting a new start (“Avengers” #0). This series will be introduced through several lead-in arcs, including “All New, All Different Avengers,” “A-Force,” “Squadron Supreme,” “Ultimates,” “Uncanny Avengers,” and “New Avengers.” In this new arc, someone is spying on the Avengers (like, all the teams), but no one knows who they are or what their intentions may be.
- Baby Groot is getting a solo issue! I repeat, Baby Groot is getting a solo issue! (“Groot” #5)
- There are a couple of series coming out this month, which include, but are not limited to: “Howling Commandos of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” “Karnak,” “Captain America: Sam Wilson,” “Spider-Man 2099,” “Invincible Iron Man,” “Astonishing Ant-Man,” “Doctor Strange,” “Extraordinary X-Men,” “Unbeatable Squirrel Girl,” “Uncanny Avengers,” and several “What If? Infinity” one-shots. For the moment, I’ll let you guys be the judge of these.
- It seems like “Secret Wars” will be wrapping up this month (the main arc and al subsequent ones), but no promises.
- Anglea will be searching for Serah’s soul in “1602 Witch Hunter Angela” #4, and after “Secret Wars,” she will be literally going to Hel in her own series “Angela: Queen of Hel”
- Dominic Fortune will be making an appearance in “S.H.I.E.L.D” #11, in which Coulson and his team are forced to resurrect him to defeat a (presumably) common enemy.
- Both the Vision and the Scarlet Witch will be getting their own series this October. The Vision will be getting a family…by literally building one…cause that worked so well for Ultron…
- The Marvel Cinematic Universe will be getting a guidebook, which incorporates all facets of the Cinematic Universe, including the television series. This series starts with 2008’s Iron Man. It will also include Movie-to-Comic comparisons. FINALLY!!
Hopefully, you are all now a little more in the know, but I can assure you, there is a lot more to come, so brace yourselves for what comes next in this “All New, All Different” Marvel.